Quality Framework for Community Engagement
Healthcare Improvement Scotland and the Care Inspectorate are working with stakeholders to develop a Quality Framework for Community Engagement.
The Quality Framework will support NHS boards, local authorities and Integration Joint Boards to:
- carry out effective community engagement
- demonstrate how they are meeting their statutory responsibilities to engage
- continually improve their engagement practices
- share their learning
The framework is aligned to national guidance for community engagement published by Scottish Government and COSLA: Planning with People, Community Engagement and Participation guidance.
It will support both self-evaluation and external quality assurance and improvement activity in relation to:
- routine engagement
- specific engagement activities (such as major service change)
- organisations' internal governance systems for community engagement activity