Comments cards are a simple and low cost way for service users to write down and post their thoughts and/or feedback.
- Time to do: Minimal
- Staff: Needed for set-up and maintenance
- Cost: £
- Equipment: Box(es) or posters, pens, cards (possibly pre-printed)
- small groups
- large groups
- at a distance
How to do it
- Provide pens and small cards. Cards can be pre-printed with a question or the question can be displayed nearby.
- Depending on whether it is appropriate or desirable to display feedback, completed cards could be placed in a box, added to a poster (using sticky notes) or hung on a comment tree.
- Be creative about where the cards are posted or displayed. This could encourage participation by its informal or user-friendly manner.
- Place box or poster in a well-used area but with some privacy.
- A straightforward way for service users to have an input
- Has the potential to gain feedback from a large number of people
- Can be anonymous if posting in a box
- Someone must be responsible for ensuring pens and cards are replenished and remain available, as well as for general tidiness.
- Could exclude those with specific communication needs.