Virtual Visiting resources
We are collating information and guidance to support you to facilitate Virtual Visiting for all.
As we carry out our scoping exercise with NHS boards, we will update this page with resources, examples, ideas and stories that can help you make Virtual Visiting as meaningful as possible for patients and their loved ones.
Equality Impact Assessment
To ensure everyone can benefit, no matter where they are receiving treatment or the challenges they face with communication or technology, we completed an Equality Impact Assessment (PDF 646 KB). This highlights key equality issues and includes recommendations for our project team. We are keeping this EQIA under review as the project progresses and we may update it if we receive new information.
Presentation to leads
On 19 August 2020, a presentation (PDF 1.96 MB) was given to Virtual Vising leads from NHS boards. Topics included: the background to Virtual Visiting, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde's Person-centred Virtual Visiting experience, areas to consider, communications, the survey, support available and next steps.
FAQs for leads
Frequently Asked Questions about Person-Centred Virtual Visiting (PDF 429KB) for operational and eHealth leads at NHS boards.
The following resources have been provided by NHS boards who have kindly given us permission to share them widely. They are examples of what you might want to include in a Standard Operating Procedure or in information about Virtual Visiting for staff and patients.
- Decontamination of devices information (NHS Fife)
- Virtual Visiting patient information leaflet (NHS Grampian)
- How to accept a FaceTime call (NHS Grampian)
- How to accept a Skype call (NHS Grampian)
- Standard Operating Procedure for staff (NHS Grampian)
- Staff guide to making a FaceTime call (NHS Grampian)
- Staff guide to making a Skype call (NHS Grampian)
- Guide to Nye for staff (NHS Tayside)